Tuesday, March 10, 2009

So Hello guys it’s been a while with the training

So I still have this immense sinus drag in my nose and are struggling to train properly so at least I started with some outdoor functions I have added some new “equipment” to muscle building arsenal. I have a boxing bag which I placed in a grain bag so it can hang (all its clips broke off) So now I have a boxing bag and a new bicep curl shoulder press monster machine (Two Garage weights and a metal bar between the two, and I also have a Brick crate which I am not sure how much any of these things weigh but I use it to do my back training.


I pick it up and place it on a stack of bricks and then drop it down again and then go again. So why this weird outside training and all sorts of other materials and training equipment well like I said in one of my first posts sometimes my gym is locked and I can’t train.





So I train outside and it makes it very interesting to train outside and some of the features are different than a weight rooms. I will give you a COMPLETE weight breakdown of my outside material for your interest well let’s see I am planning on doing a hectic training session tomorrow so keep checking in and see my progress and tips.


Training Tips for Today: Biceps
1.) Do the biceps exercises with strict form. Don't cheat, leave your ego at the door. Don't jerk nor swing the weight, Strict form builds big biceps, it's okay to cheat a bit on the last rep or two, but the majority of the reps need to be done with strict form in order to build big biceps.

2.) The biceps tend to easily adapt to training routines, change your workout routine every 4-6 weeks, and alternate the exercises you're doing.

3.) Concentrate on the eccentric movement, the eccentric (negative) movement is the movement done when you're lowering the weight, from the end point of the movement to the starting movement. It's not just important to lift the weight, but the manner in which you lower the weight back to the starting position is also important and very often overlooked. Lower the weight in a controlled fashion and concentrate on your biceps while doing so. Most trainees neglect the negative portion of the movement and just drop the weight down as fast as possible.

4.) Try to squeeze hard at the top of the movement, squeeze / flex your biceps at the top of the movement, it works the biceps more thoroughly and puts more strain on it, which results with more size on the biceps.

5.) When doing barbell exercises try gripping the bar with the thumb under the bar. You normally wrap the thumb over the top of the bar, this time put it underneath the bar. Experiment a bit with this kind of grip, it tends to give out a better isolation in some cases, and a greater overall feel in the biceps when the biceps is worked.

No comments: