Thursday, June 20, 2013

Almost back on track it seems

Hello iron peeps wow it has been an amazing learning curve the past few days again, I started almost from scratch after the flu/neck sprain and a couple of extra days off just to ensure the bod is going to be OK I must say the lungs are suffering the most as if I lost all my fitness but the power is thankfully still there. . .
(I am small so its not that much though) but yeah working on changing that as things go on, I started an old favorite of mine to get the chest work on again (Still suffering from the rotator cuff issue (Its been since January thats insane) but yeah so I have split my session back to three 2 days heavy HST day one Upper body excluding chest and tri's, and then second day lower body with chest and tri's, then on the third day I brought back my old HST based cardio drop set sessions and man I forgot how hard it used to be . . .but I made it (feels great to finish a session like that ) Try it it works wonders on every part I start with about 50% of my general training weights and then in increments of 10Kg drop the sets doing high reps and taking very few breaks whole body for 5 giant sets. . .It will definitely remain in my arsenal for the coming summer readying season in September. . .I have gained quite a bit of flab on the off seasonal thinking and there is still 2 months left to go I dont think I will quite make the illusive goal of reaching 95-100 kgs body weight but still trying and then its back cutting again for January lets see what happens . . .I just hope I can get my chest working 100% again it is currently training on about 35% with little sign of improving but lets see. . .

below is some of the last pics I took to map my progress. . .


biceps are taking shape again shedding some flab and growing slowly but surely and the power is getting better and better on the cambered bar but no luck on the straight bar but will focus on getting out more soon - nothing special yet still needs some serious work


triceps are finally showing some shape and division still needs loads of volume and strenght as they are lacking in both departments the cuff issue has made it slightly troublesome but I think it will now be better the coming months


Shoulder top to say the least is a definite cuff issue but working around it to lift it a bit more and see what happens in time if it gets better I am sure I will be able to drive loads more sets through hit


Traps are probably the best muscle group have had until the neck sprain again but as it heals slowly I am sure it will be back to its position as my best performing muscle


ignore the belly I am gaining some flab but chest is really concerning and with the cuff pain there's not much I can do now but wait and make the joints stronger slowly and lightly. . 


vascularity is slowly returning through the extra carbs which is always a good sign for me 


Unfortunately lats had to be postponed with the neck sprain but in good time They need some massive work and their weight can definitely increase (budget come on I need more discs)

So thats it for tonight, diet wise I am not yet eating as a pig but getting there completely off of the chicken for now and for another 2 months then back to the chicken breasts and weigh checking. . .I have been slacking a bit but that's what the off mentality is all about I suppose. . .taking a slight break from the complete focus. . but getting hungry for some heavy and hard sessions soon, all in good time overall I think there has been a alight improvement from last month although I had almost a month off of training but I will only be able to do a proper assessment in the coming month. . .keep training hard and i will catch up with you again soon. . .

No comments: