Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Welcome 2013 and some reflection

So today I take on my first training session of 2013 it has changed again I have now upped the sets to 5 Sets per exercise due to some muscles not working with me all the way and some not working as hard as other now they must all suffer . . . But OK whilst it being the first post of this 2013 let’s do a quick recap of the last year and look into the new things for the next year. . .


I started last year off as normal not training nearly as much as I should and with very little focus as for the past 8-9 years with no real results but for a little bulk I got from eating way too much . . . I weighed in at an amazing 105 kilo’s by the beginning of 2012 and that wasn't all muscle, I was still trying to eat myself stronger. . At that stage although I have always known better it was just better that way. .So as the months started unfolding and I was subdued to some massive cardio work (not training) I actually dropped the kilo’s very fast yes very fast I was down to 85 kilos by March. I then started training again with more focus every day (not that heavy) but I was back on the training . . . 

And from there grew and grew in intensity and drive . . . and did I drive it  I have since gone down to 75 kilo’s and then started gaining some muscle again and are currently on 83-85 (I still don’t have my own scale so I’m guessing) I must admit that this is the best shape I have ever been in except for when I started at 22 and I was bulking but at that age who doesn't look in shape yeah. . .Well So that was the year I am stronger than I have ever been I am pushing heavier weights than ever before ever yes ever (Ok Maybe not my legs (Again when I was 22) but yeah. . .So with the past year done I came second in a bench press competition (nothing serious nor professional) but I enjoyed it.

So what’s up for the next year . . .You wouldn't believe me if I say that in the next year I want to completely engage in the process I wish to improve my sessions going heavier and heavier (with less niggles and injuries) but I wish to add 120kg (on the training) i.e. I am currently benching 135 at 10 reps and wish to increase it by 10 kilo’s per month which will end up at 230 Kg bench (Now that’s something ) I will have to see if the bones will take it and the mind can handle it (I can’t count that high yet lol) but I will also be happy if I can reach the halfway mark in my drive to reach that level. . .So for the training I plan on going heavy this year. . .very heavy. .

Here is my current and then goals for the next year in training weight wise. . .



Goodness it seems easily do-able if you think it is only 2.5 kilo’s per week increase but when looking at the end result it seems massive so like I said going to push for it with all my heart, all my soul and everything I have within me with whatever I can to achieve it I would have to get some help from equipment as I feel rather concerned doing shoulder press with 170 kilo’s (that’s heavy) without proper aid of equipment but let’s see and also I will allow myself to default (not easily) to the 6 month mark but below that is unacceptable. 

So that is it, my dream to one day step on a stage of some sort for some elicit trophy or something and this is part of the route there so I will do what I can follow my progress and let’s see if it is humanly possible and naturally possible. I believe that it can be achieved if I give it my all (you don’t want to see what that translates to in a year after) but let’s cross that bridge when we get there I say. . .

No comments: